Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Something unexpected

     One day, not very long ago, something strange occurred. You probably saw it on the news, but then again, if you are like us who don't watch much TV, maybe you didn't. Your friend might have told you about it because it happened to them, but then again, they might not live on the east coast. Do you know what I am talking about yet? Well, of course you do, so there is no need to tell you!
Whats that??
You don't know what I am talking about? Well, then, why didn't you say so! Here goes......
     I was sitting at my desk listening to music and browsing a magazine when all of a sudden I could hear a low rumbling in the distance. Not paying attention I turned the page and kept on reading the magazine. In less than a few seconds the ground started vibrating and the shaking harder. "Hmmm, that's weird", I thought "why is the ground shaking"? I turning over in my mind many possibilities, none of them seaming plausible, until I suddenly came to the conclusion that, yes, it was an earth quake! I mean, the plates were shaking in the cabinets! I turned around to look at Delany, who was sitting next to me, and said "Delany its an earth quake"!! We both ran towards the front door, arms flailing and yelling "EARTH QUAKE"! We were invisioning the earthquakes we had seen in movies, pictures falling off the shelves, the ground splitting in two, and we were pretty freaked out. We got to the front door were Momma was, she was on the phone and though she felt the shaking, she thought it was "just her" and dismissed it as nothing. So we pulled the door open and we said " Momma do you feel that"!
    Haha, well, believe it or not, this all happened in about 35 seconds! Crazy. So, maybe we were a bit dramatic, but hey, it was our first earth quake! Oh, BTW it measured as a 5.8.
The End

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sing to יהוה a new song, sing to יהוה, all the earth! Sing to יהוה, bless His Name, Proclaim His deliverance from day to day. Declare His esteem among the nations.







Psalms 96:1-3