Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Dia duit! How are you today?
I am going to show you all how I make awesome chocolate chip cookies that are both dairy and gluten free! I have noticed that a lot of people recently have begun to develop gluten and dairy allergies, myself having gluten issues. I was planning on bringing a big plate of my favorite chocolate chip cookies to co-op on Thursday, but there are a couple of people there who are gluten and dairy free, so I decided to try to convert a regular cookie recipe! It was really simple, and just took a little bit of trial and error to get them perfect. You can pretty much do this with any recipe :-)
Okay, so the recipe I used had eggs and butter in it. For every egg that the recipe calls for, use 2 tbs. of flax and 6 tbs. of water. I read a lot online about this, and everyone said to use half of what I mentioned, but I found that that just wasn't enough. If your recipe calls for butter, substitute any amount with approx. 3/4 of that amount with applesauce, and approx. 1/4 of that amount with coconut oil. I tried half of each, and the cookies were too runny. If your recipe calls for milk, just trade that for the same amount of water. In most cases I find the equal measurement of water works, but in some cases it is too much. I would suggest starting with half the amount of water, and adding if you need. I substituted wheat flour for oat flour (details below), and you can do this with almost any recipe! You may have to play with the amounts, but most often you can just use equal measurements.
So below is the recipe, with everything already converted for you!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Ingredients
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbs. ground flax seed
6 tbs. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/4 cups oat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
8 oz. chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli semi sweet)
Directions
Combine all ingredients. Drop dough on greased cookie sheet, bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

 My ingredients

Making Oat Flour
Start out with regular, uncooked, rolled oats. Fill your food processor, and start it. Keep on processing until you have a fairly fine powder. Some pieces will be large, most will be flour. 

On the left we have the oat flour, and the right are the whole oats.

The consistency on the left is perfect.

My completed cookies! Yum....

 Look at all those cookies! Some of them are going to co-op....

 I love being the cook, you always get to eat :-)

And just to end, here is evidence of the cool weather. I am wearing sock.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sing to יהוה a new song, sing to יהוה, all the earth! Sing to יהוה, bless His Name, Proclaim His deliverance from day to day. Declare His esteem among the nations.







Psalms 96:1-3