Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Oatmeal Facial

    For the home school co-op that we are a part of Momma teaches an Herbology class with me as assistant teacher. I have been learning tons of cool things, experimenting, and adding new things to my routine! One of them is this amazing oatmeal facial. I read about facials a ton, and then came up with my own recipe that is just perfect. So oatmeal has 18 different amino acids, which are absolutely essential to healthy skin, it gently scrubs away dead skin cells and promotes the growth of new ones, and it clears away acne! If you are a health guru like me, you will absolutely love this recipe. After using it 4 times a week for 2 weeks, my acne is 98% gone and my skin is so healthy looking! Its amazing. Okay, here is the recipe.

Oatmeal Facial Mask
2 Cups whole uncooked oats
2 TBS. honey
2 TBS baking soda
1/2 Cup water

Directions
Combine all the ingredients in blender, blend until smooth. Apply to face, leave for 15-20 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Store this mixture in the fridge.
Note: The oatmeal will become thick and pasty in the fridge, so be sure to add water before each use.

Also, here is a recipe for a natural skin toner. Skin toners balance out the pH levels in your skin, and they tighten your pores so they don't get filled with dirt and clogged, which will lead to acne.

Skin Toner
1 whole apple, peeled and cored
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
1 TBS honey
4 TBS water

Combine all ingredients in blender, blend until it has a smooth applesauce like texture. Apply to face, leave 10 minutes. Rinse of with cold* water. Store the toner in the fridge.
Note: Some people find the smell of apple cider vinegar repulsive (I like it), so there are other natural toner options out there! Just do a Google search and you will find tons of options, like ones using green tea and cucumber juice. They are all equally effective, I just chose this one because the ingredients are things most people have around the house.
* you will want to rinse this off with cold water because warm water will open your pores again, reversing the effect!

And now for the embarrassing photos of me and Delany wearing the oatmeal mask.

WARNING: SCARY MASK WEARERS ARE BEING SHOWN

It may not be scary to you, but I scare myself XD

*cough*




1 comment:

Delany Rose said...

Wow!! I can't believe how scary we look......that stuff was sooo ichy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sing to יהוה a new song, sing to יהוה, all the earth! Sing to יהוה, bless His Name, Proclaim His deliverance from day to day. Declare His esteem among the nations.







Psalms 96:1-3