Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tutorial: Flower clip

I have seen pictures for clips like this, and a year or so ago I found a tutorial. I never did get around to making it and I lost the tutorial, so I decided to make one for you all.


Supplies needed
synthetic fabric
hair clip
hot glue gun
candle


The first thing you need is your fabric. It must be synthetic. I used this left over fabric from a shirt I made, it is 100% polyester.


These are the clips I used. They are very sturdy and perfect for the project!

Step 1: Cut three circles of fabric, make each a bit smaller than the last. Then I cut a circle of the grey lace (for the last layer).


Step 2: Hold the edges of the fabric over a candle flame, being careful not to get too close or touch the flame. (or the fabric will disintegrate) Do this for each layer. This step curls the edges and gives the fabric the "flower" look.


Step 3: Plug in your hot glue gun. Once it is hot, place a dab of glue on the top of the first layer, and place the next on top. Repeating this step until all of the layers are glued together.


Step 4: Open up the clip. Put a small dab of hot glue in the center of the bottom of the flower. Place the top of the opened clip on the hot glue. Make sure the glue is only on the center of the clip, not the edges, otherwise you wont be able to open and close it.


It should look like this.


Let the glue dry and your flower clips are complete! This a very simple and fun project, perfect for those fabric scraps you have laying around.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sing to יהוה a new song, sing to יהוה, all the earth! Sing to יהוה, bless His Name, Proclaim His deliverance from day to day. Declare His esteem among the nations.







Psalms 96:1-3